Entities with complex properties

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:11 PM
Edited Jan 31, 2016 at 8:13 PM
Hi,

It seems that entity types that contain complex properties are not working. For example, if I modify your tests so that Airport class contains one complex property, test fails and throws InvalidCastException (Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.Entity.Core.Mapping.ComplexPropertyMapping' to type 'System.Data.Entity.Core.Mapping.ScalarPropertyMapping').

I studied the code and it is obvious why it is failing but I don't know how to fix it. I would love to use your code to enable TVFs with Entity Framework but this is major issue for me. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

Example:
    public class MyComplexProperty
    {
        public string Data1 { get; set; }
        public int Data2 { get; set; }
    }

public class Airport
    {
        [Key]
        public string IATACode { get; set; }
        public string CityCode { get; set; }
        public string CountryCode { get; set; }
        public string Name { get; set; }
        public byte TerminalCount { get; set; }
        public AirportType Type { get; set; }

public MyComplexProperty Complex { get; set; }
    }

modelBuilder.ComplexType<MyComplexProperty>();
Feb 3, 2016 at 6:20 AM
Without a stack trace I speculate that the bug is in the FindStoreTypeUsages function in this code:
var propertyMapping =
    (ScalarPropertyMapping)entityTypeMapping.Fragments.SelectMany(f => f.PropertyMappings)
    .FirstOrDefault(p => p.Property == property);
Instead of assuming that we are always dealing with a scalar property it should check if it is not a complex property mapping and if it is it should drill down to primitive properties.

Thanks,
Pawel
Feb 3, 2016 at 6:22 AM
I created a bug to track that - https://codefirstfunctions.codeplex.com/workitem/16. Not sure when I will be able to tackle this.